I GAME, THEREFORE I AM

Geeks and Gamers of the world UNITE!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Episode 3 or Massive Flying Vampiric Cheese Vs. The Pink Polka Dotted Cthulu.

INTRO:  Pretty awesome title, huh?  Grabbed your attention and curiosity.  The funny thing is that the title is one of BILLIONS of possibilities in the new game SUPER SCRIBBLENAUTS for the Nintendo DS.  We'll talk more about that in my review.

  On to whats going on in real life!  October baseball, that's what!!  Anyone who knows me even a little bit knows that I'm all about the baseball.  As a Brewers fan, there has been only 2 post seasons in Milwaukee since I've been alive.   So when my wife and I moved to Texas, the DFW metroplex specifically,  we got to see the Texas Rangers play great baseball and make it to the American League Division Series.  Now, I have never been able to go to a baseball playoff game(saw plenty of football playoff games in Green Bay, including the 1996 NFC Championship game vs. Carolina!), so when the opportunity to catch Red October in the making, I pounced and grabbed tickets to Game 4 of the ALDS.  Unfortunetly, the Rangers lost that game, but bounced back in Game 5 to clinch the series.  So when the chance came to see the Rangers Vs. Yankees in the Championship series, again I jumped at the chance!  I also looked up how much World Series tickets would cost.  And with that in mind, I would like to introduce the opportunity to do some good!

SEND CAPTAIN AWESOME TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!*


That's right!  You have a chance to help me realize my goal of going to a World Series game!  All we need to make this a reality is about $2000!  If everyone who reads this blog sends me $200 we can make this a reality!  Why donate to charity and never see the results of your donation!  If you help my cause, I'll send you pictures of my happiness at the game!  Warms your heart doesn't it?


NEWS:  Back to the awesomeness that is video games!  With some massive titles on the horizon(Fable 3, Fallout New Vegas, Call of Duty: Black Ops), we are getting into Christmas shopping season!  The item to watch out for is not a game, but Kinect for the Xbox 360.  With the Playstation Move already out and pulling good, not great numbers, the revolution of motion gaming is Microsoft's to grab...and lose.  While the device itself looks great.(I got it pre-ordered) The launch titles, however look a bit lackluster.  With some major titles expected to be named as early as next year, I have hope...lots and lots of hope...


REVIEW:  SUPER SCRIBBLENAUTS (DS)
  And the winner by knockout is: The Pink polka dotted Cthulu!  The cheese didn't stand a chance.  Seriously though, you can actually make those things!  I did!  Super Scribblenauts is on of the best puzzle games out, and yet, I just use it to let my imagination run wild!  Think of the wildest, non-copyrighted, non-obscene things you can think of!  With over 100,000 words and 50,000 adjectives, you can make some pretty fantastic stuff!  A must-have for any DS owner!

PROS: Everything broken in the first Scribblenauts game has been fixed!  Plus, it's awesome!

In fact, this game is so awesome, it's going to be the first game to get my new official seal!
There was going to be a picture of a seal, but Vault Boy is more awesome.

GRADE: SUPER SCRIBBLENAUTS: 9.0

While we are talking about the Seal of Awesomness, let's go to my library and seal us some games!!

ALAN WAKE - SEAL!
BORDERLANDS - SEAL!
DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS- SEAL!
FABLE 2 - SEAL!
FALLOUT 3 - SEAL!
GEARS OF WAR 2 - SEAL!
MASS EFFECT - SEAL!
MASS EFFECT 2 - SUPER SEAL!
RED DEAD REDEMPTION - SEAL!

Not sure what to use as the Super Seal...I shall ponder this and get back with an epic design.

Nominate your favorite games to see if they get the SEAL!

NEXT TIME: Inception...promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment