I GAME, THEREFORE I AM

Geeks and Gamers of the world UNITE!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Episode 1 or Why I made a Gamer Blog.


INTRO: So, this is like my 3rd attempt at a consistent blog.  The 3rd time's the charm, they say.  Well...they say lots of stuff.  The first two didn't seem to have a structure, or real purpose.  This one however, will have a central theme: Gaming.  Why gaming?  Because over the past few years, my life has been consumed with video games, as has my career.  I work in the retail end of the gaming business.  I will not divulge the name of my employer, mainly for fear that they can shut this blog down for whatever reason they want.  They can do that, you know.  Now, I don't have all the major next-gen systems, but I will try to cover them all best as I can.  Now, I'll talk about other stuff too, like what's going on in my life, beer, etc.  I hope that you will find this amusing and a little educational, and that you will keep coming back.



GAMER NEWS:  With fall officially here, and the awesomeness that is the Q3-4 2010 season in full swing, let's recap the big news.  HALO REACH sold $200 million on day one.  'Nuff said.  I am not a HALO fan.  I am however, playing through the campaign, and so far, I'm not bored!  Working in the gaming retail buisness has yielded some perks: I got to check out the game without shelling $60 for it!  I have to bring it back in a few days, but a fair deal for someone who is not ever gonna touch the multiplayer modes.

GRADE: HALO REACH: 7.5 out of 10. (this is just my opinion!!!!)



WHAT'S IN MY LIBRARY:  For the first installment of this, let's pick the very first game that made me really appreciate Next-Gen technology: MASS EFFECT.  This ginormus rpg-shooter is just packed with epicness!  From the fact that you have an entire galaxy to explore, to the amazing story and characters you meet along the way, this game will have you pack 50+ hours into it and never want it to end.  Then again, what do you expect from the makers of the greatest STAR WARS game: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC.

PROS:  Breathtaking graphics and superb storytelling makes this game a must-have.  Plus Seth Green is in it!

CONS: The Mako tank is a bit tough to manuver...and those elevator rides...<Shudder>

GRADE:  MASS EFFECT: 9.0


COMING SOON:  While at work today, I glanced at my pre-order list.  I found something awesome for my ADD and something bad for my bank account: From Sept. 28th - Oct. 26th, every Tuesday, I have a new release coming!  And what are those?

Sept. 28th: Plants Vs. Zombies (360)
Oct. 5th: Fable 3 controller (360)
Oct. 12th: Super Scribblenauts (DS)
Oct. 19th: Fallout New Vegas Collectors Ed. (360)
Oct. 26th: Fable 3 Collectors Ed. (360), The Sims 3 (360)

ON THE LOOKOUT FOR 2010:
Dead Rising 2 (360/PS3)
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (360/PS3)
Goldeneye (Wii)


NEXT TIME:  Epic: Why Bioware is the best in the Biz.

If you have a game you want featured or ideas for columns or segments, please comment or e-mail me!

1 comment:

  1. I want to hear your take on World of Warcraft and the Cataclysm expansion.

    ReplyDelete